Occupational health and safety is our prime concern. In order to maintain a safe and healthy working environment so as to minimize the occurrence of injuries and occupational illnesses, we are committed to implementing this Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Policy that includes the following principles:
- We will comply with applicable Hong Kong legislation as well as other requirements to which the Company subscribes; every effort will be made to achieve continuous performance improvement throughout our operations
- OH&S considerations are integrated into the Company’s business processes and are given due weight with other business considerations
- The Management will provide full support to the Safety Committee in the implementation of OH&S policies, rules and practices that are reasonably practicable with emphasis on risk identification, risk assessment and risk control
- We will have systems in place to educate and train employees regarding their responsibilities in relation to OH&S. Line managers are responsible for ensuring that employees and associates are competent in and aware of all applicable OH&S practices
- We require all sub-contractors and suppliers working within our premises to observe our safety practices
The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Steering Committee, which is chaired by our Chief Executive Officer, provides management support as well as adequate financial and physical resources in the implementation of this policy.